lunes, 17 de noviembre de 2008

make up

One of my passions in life is make-up. I love everything about it: the products, the possibilities, the prettiness. There's some alliteration for you. Anyway, ever since I was in fifth grade I begged my mom, "PLEASE let me wear lip gloss!". Eighth grade was monumental: I was finally allowed to wear eyeliner. Since then, my makeup collection has evolved and improved, moving from the chalky eyeshadows of Maybelline to the smooth, pigment rich ones of Urban decay and MAC. Sephora is my heaven (and the reason for my Marketing degree).
My friends have given me free reign time and again to make new creations on their faces. I've created natural looks, model-esque looks, futuristic ones, and retro ones. The possibilities are truly endless.
Every morning, I love the moment when I get to decide, "Which artistic approach will I go for today?" Makeup lasts for the perfect amount of time: just long enough to be appreciated, but doesn't overstay its welcome. The face becomes a blank pallette every night.

Enjoy these photos...maybe I should begin a make-up blog: EUREKA! more to come...

1 comentario:

Lauren Madison dijo...

I love you, Smiller. I love that you appreciate the art of make-up, something which I am not good at. Isn't God awesome like that? You're beautiful.